Foundations & Grants ManagerCompany: Clean Wisconsin
Date Posted: June 14, 2017
The Foundations & Grants Manager supports our environmental programming and is part of a 3-person development department, which raises approximately $2 million annually from foundation, individual, corporate and government sources to support our clean air, water and energy program work. This is a full time position located in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Clean Wisconsin’s programs and associated strategies to effectively communicate our mission, impact, opportunities and funding needs.
- Work with Director of Development, Executive Director and senior program staff to set and achieve fundraising goals.
- Maximize revenue from foundations, corporate and government sources.
- Collaborate with staff to develop proposals, reports, letters of inquiry, and acknowledgment letters.
- Track and ensure compliance with all grant reporting and deadlines as required by funder.
- Manage existing grants by maintaining internal reporting and database systems and excellent historical records.
- Convene post grant acceptance meetings with appropriate staff to finalize implementation and reporting schedules and responsibilities.
- Actively research and pursue new funding prospects.
- Assist Development Team with execution of outreach and fundraising events.
- Strong writing skills, particularly different writing styles for different audiences.
- 2-3 years non-profit grant-writing experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to absorb and synthesize complex information quickly, having a natural resources background a plus.
- Excellent research, writing, proof reading, editing, planning, conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate in a compelling and succinct manner.
- Ability to communicate and work with diverse constituents, including funders, Board members, and community group leaders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with flexibility, grace, and diplomacy.
- Attention to detail, ability to work with sincere collaborative spirit, well organized, self-starter, and team oriented.
Bachelor degree is required.
Clean Wisconsin is a dynamic organization consisting of approximately 20 professionals and fosters a work environment of teamwork at all levels of the organization. Employees should be able to revise strategies and tasks to meet emerging conditions impacting Clean Wisconsin’s core mission. Regular travel and attendance at fundraisers, meetings, conferences, and governmental settings are essential. The culture also includes a strong level of accountability for each team member’s core areas of responsibility.
The Foundations & Grants Manager is a full-time position with a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references by June 30, 2017 to:
Attn: Hiring Committee
634 W. Main St. #300
Madison, WI 53703
Email application materials directly to email@example.com. Be sure to include the subject line “Clean Wisconsin Grants Manager.”
Clean Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions to recruit, hire, promote and release from employment are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental abilities, or veteran status.