Development ManagerCompany: Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin
Date Posted: August 11, 2017
The Humane Society of Southern Wisconsin is seeking applicants for the position of Development Manager. This position offers flexible hours for the right candidate and the opportunity to work in an exciting and progressive organization that helps more than 3,000 lost and homeless pets each year. Over the past four years the Humane Society has made amazing advances in the way we care for lost and homeless pets, but also in the way we treat and interact with the people and the community we serve. Previous experience in Development is required and will be key for the successful candidate. This is an opportunity to truly build the program and literally save furry little lives. Currently the Humane Society receives approximately half of its annual $1 Million budget from donations, fundraisers and direct mail efforts.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with corporations, foundations, and individuals; is responsible for a portfolio of major gift donors, working with the Executive Director to engage them and extend their giving; fosters positive and enduring relationships that produce reciprocal benefits.
- Works with selected board members on fundraising events and donor stewardship as well as new leads.
- Leads community based fundraising priorities; develops fundraising strategies and methods or activities to ensure proper acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship of donors; participates in developing campaign materials, case statements, and brochures; evaluates effectiveness of development programs and securing gifts at various levels; generates reports.
- Oversees direct mail, annual giving program working with outside vendor.
- Creates a balanced funding mix of donor sources and solicitation programs tailored to the needs of the organization
- Maintains accurate CRM database
- Participates in professional development organizations, committees, and meetings; travels locally and to assigned out of town regions; prepares call reports.
- May supervise staff; participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Strong verbal and professional written communication skills
- Marketing and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential clients and diverse groups
- Ability to maintain relationships with significant and influential individuals and grantors/grantmaking organizations
- Ability to solicit major gifts
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt and respond to various situations
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Ability to travel strategically and obtain results
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education and experience equivalent to: Bachelor's degree; or 3 years of related experience with demonstrated success.
This position is a salaried position. See the complete job description at www.PetsGoHome.org//about-us/job-opportunities . Send cover letter and resume and salary requirements to Brett Frazier, Executive Director, for immediate consideration.