Development DirectorCompany: YWCA Rock County
Date Posted: November 20, 2017
YWCA Rock County is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
The Development Director works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director. In cooperation with volunteers and staff, the Director will take primary responsibility for executing YWCA fundraising strategy, creating a culture of philanthropy to ensure sustained funding for mission-related programs; providing volunteer opportunities to help the YWCA fulfill its mission; creating relationships with donors and volunteers; and raising the profile of the YWCA in the community. The Director is a member of the YWCA management team.
Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience and/or relevant educational background in fundraising for non-profit organizations. Demonstrated success with donor management and development. Strategic thinker with effective planning, organizational skills, communication and time management skills. Excellent interpersonal skills; able to handle multiple projects at one time; self-directed; team player and must have a positive attitude. Commitment to and support of the YWCA Mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop annual fundraising plans in collaboration with Executive Director and Board-level Committees.
- Works with YWCA Program staff in program planning for program evaluation and to identify needs of clients in order to develop funding initiatives to meet those needs.
- Take primary responsibility for executing development strategy, including donor cultivation and stewardship; managing online and event-based fundraising; and managing resources.
- Individual and Corporate giving: Establish and manage systems and processes for prospect research, donor cultivation and information tracking.
- Special Events, Direct Mail, Product Sales, etc: Spearhead, facilitate and develop fundraisers in collaboration with community relations staff, including all stages from planning to implementation and analysis.
- Assist with development of grant funding proposals.
- Develops and implements fund development plan for the YWCA. Prepares short and long-range goals to meet YWCA funding objectives and enlists support from staff, the YWCA Board of Directors, and volunteers.
- Raises funds through the following strategies:
- Major Gifts: Identified potential contributors through examination of past records, individual and corporate contracts, knowledge of community and collaboration with board of directors and fund development committees. Ensures excellent stewardship of donors through personal contact, written correspondence, recognition and support in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Grants: Researches public and private grant agencies and foundations to identify potential sources of funding for program support, research, community service, or other projects. Develops and submits grant proposals for funding from private foundations, corporations, businesses and government agencies.
- Events: Responsible for overall development of all fundraising events.
- Direct mail: Organizes direct mail campaign to reach potential contributors.
- In-kind support: Solicits donations of goods to support programming needs in collaboration with Program Directors.
- Drives: Plans and coordinates fund drives for special projects and ongoing operations.
- Recruit volunteers to work on applicable committees (fundraising, special events, etc.)
- Prepare budget proposals for each project as requested.
- Attend staff meetings as requested. Cooperate with all departments.
- Represent the YWCA mission: eliminating racism and empowering women.
- Must have donor management software experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
To apply: submit cover letter, resume & salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or YWCA Rock Co. 1735 S. Washington St., Janesville, WI 53546. EOE