Gift Processing Data Quality SpecialistCompany: Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association
Date Posted: February 23, 2018
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for an experienced professional to join our Gift Processing Team. The Data Quality Specialist ensures gift data quality and accuracy by managing regular data quality review tasks, training and reviewing gift entry for staff.
Gift Processing is an integral part of the Advancement Services organization at WFAA. Advancement Services professionals gather, organize, manage and disseminate information to guide the sound and effective advancement and overall business decisions of not-for-profit organizations. They establish principles, adhere to guidelines and apply technical solutions to minimize risk and maximize philanthropic investment, in their organizations.
The Data Quality Specialist serves as a subject matter expert on the gift processing team supporting in the areas of data management and policy standards, business process development and training and serves as an important liaison to the Finance team.
*The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and
the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.
- Lead the established data quality review process and work with the team to improve it.
- Manage the established overdue pledge process.
- Identify opportunities for business process streamlining and work with Gift Processing Leadership Team to implement improvements.
- Serve as the CRM system revenue and gift processing subject matter expert.
- Partner with the Finance team to complete monthly, quarterly or annual reconciliation projects.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal staff, campus partners, alumni, donors, and friends. In all cases, provide timely resolution to requests and questions in a professional and courteous manner.
- Identify and oversee focused data cleanup projects.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- Strategic beliefs
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
- High school graduate required. Post high school training, college degree or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in the non-profit or fundraising field preferred.
- Intermediate language, intermediate mathematical, intermediate technical writing skills, high reasoning and critical thinking ability.
- Ability to learn the Query, Export and Batch update procedures used by WFAA systems.
- Blackbaud CRM or Raiser’s Edge data entry and database query experience is desirable.
- Moderate to advanced Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge and mail merge experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written skills and high degree of office management/administrative skill, able to organize, multi-task and meet very distinct deadlines.
- Ability to interact well with people of diverse backgrounds; ability to conduct both repetitive data tasks with consistency and utilize critical thinking for more complex projects; able to train and develop new staff.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
This is a non-exempt position requiring 40 hours per week. We are willing to consider this position as part of a job share, part time, with possible working offsite options. This position reports to the Managing Director, Gifts & Constituent Records.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: March 9, 2018.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment to:
Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer