Gift Processing AnalystCompany: Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association
Date Posted: February 23, 2018
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Gift Processing Analyst to join our Gift Processing Team. The Gift Processing Analyst prepares and processes daily charitable donations, including complex gift and pledge transactions while providing exceptional customer service to WFAA staff, campus partners, alumni, donors, and friends.
Gift Processing is an integral part of the Advancement Services organization at WFAA. Advancement Services professionals gather, organize, manage and disseminate information to guide the sound and effective advancement and overall business decisions of not-for-profit organizations. They establish principles, adhere to guidelines and apply technical solutions to minimize risk, and maximize philanthropic investment, in their organizations.
*The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (www.supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (www.uwalumni.com), whose legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.
- Process gifts and pledge agreements requiring a high degree of detail management to ensure that donor intent for the gifts and commitments are recorded accurately and gifts conform to legal and financial requirements.
- Work with a variety of banking, credit card processing and fundraising systems to capture donor information, reconcile transactions and deposit funds.
- Maintain knowledge of CASE standards and IRS guidelines regarding charitable gift handling.
- Create and update constituent records in the WFAA CRM, including contact information, communication preferences, and other demographic data in accordance with WFAA procedures.
- Develop documentation and assist in training new staff members in Gift Processing.
- Contribute to team effectiveness through knowledge-sharing and proactively identifying process improvements.
- Resolve gift-related customer service inquiries from donors, WFAA staff and campus partners using help desk software, phone and email.
- Produce various gift-related communications using a combination of email, Microsoft Word mail merge functions and editing skills.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- Strategic beliefs
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a transforming impact on students, alumni, and society;
- Authentic, lifelong relationships and engagement with alumni, donors and friends are fundamental to sustaining the reputation and continued success of the University;
- Philanthropy has an essential and growing importance on the future progress of UW-Madison;
- The highest level of stewardship and fiduciary responsibility in financial, investment, data and gift administration is vital to maintaining trust with our stakeholders;
- Diverse views, experiences and perspectives strengthen WFAA and the university community.
- Organizational values
- We are serious about delivering results;
- We work together and with our campus partners as a team;
- We are committed to alumni, donors, volunteers and others;
- We are open-minded;
- We create a positive work environment.
- High school graduate required. Bachelor’s degree or some college education in accounting or business-systems field preferred.
- Minimum two years’ professional experience required.
- Experience in the non-profit or fundraising field preferred.
- Intermediate language, mathematical, and reasoning ability. High degree of decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Blackbaud CRM or Raiser’s Edge data entry and database query experience is desirable.
- Moderate to advanced Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge and mail merge experience preferred.
- Capacity to become fluent in CRM Query.
- Excellent oral and written skills and high degree of office management/administrative skill, able to organize, multi-task and meet very distinct deadlines.
- Ability to interact well with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to conduct both repetitive data tasks with consistency and utilize critical thinking for more complex projects
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
This is a non-exempt position requiring 40 hours per week. We are willing to consider this position as part of a job share, part time, with possible working offsite options. This position reports to the Gift Processing Manager.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment to:
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin on March 9, 2018.
Associate Director, Human Resources
Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer