Communications SpecialistCompany: Gathering Waters
Date Posted: December 14, 2017
Under general supervision, the Communications Specialist will perform communications, outreach, and fundraising work for Gathering Waters, with an emphasis on the development and integration of digital and print communications.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Messaging: Identify our various audiences and create compelling, targeted messaging; draft success stories and narratives about the impact land conservation has on individuals and communities throughout Wisconsin; develop materials and strategies for effective message dissemination.
- Electronic communications: Oversee our e-communications systems, strategies, and tools, including: editing and executing dynamic video, animation and other digital content; overseeing the blog, eNews, Facebook, Twitter, website, and forum or listserv for land trusts; and, creating guidelines for each tool to ensure best practices.
- Publications: Oversee the design and mailing of at least two print newsletters per year, and our annual report, among other print materials as needed.
- Administrative: Manage logistics for mailings of outreach materials, including utilizing a CRM database to create mailing lists; update and maintain supply of letterhead, folders, envelopes and other printed materials; oversee maintenance of Constant Contact mailing lists; manage website maintenance.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Experience: 3-5 years relevant training and/or experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Communications, marketing, advertising, journalism, PR and/or related field(s); attention to detail and the ability to meet short deadlines; outstanding verbal and written communication skills; and, ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
Candidates that have experience and familiarity with the following are preferred:
- Constant Contact
- Salsa CRM
- Salsa Engage
- Google Analytics
- Network for Good
- Adobe desktop publishing software
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes competitive benefits.
Applications are due by 5:00 pm on January 16, 2018. Send resume, cover letter, and three references to the Hiring Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.