Director of DevelopmentCompany: Shorehaven
Date Posted: January 3, 2018
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT – SHOREHAVEN – PART-TIME
Our Mission: Reflecting Christ’s love, we provide homes and resources for seniors.
Shorehaven has been a leader in the field of providing services for seniors since our founding in 1939. We have changed and grown since then but have always been known for our outstanding record; the candidate we are seeking will help tell our story as we continue to move forward.
The Director of Development is charged with the responsibility of managing activities related to the analysis, planning, execution, control and evaluation of fund raising and selected public relations programs. The Director works with and through the CEO, the Board of Directors, Development Committee, Foundation Board etc., in order to tell the Shorehaven story and share the need for financial and other support. Acts as Shorehaven's chief liaison with the Service League when assisting them in their role in fund raising.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of Shorehaven.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Development, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience in resource development (five years desired).
- Event planning experience.
- Knowledge of social media and online fundraising opportunities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with individuals and groups and the ability to build (donor) relationships.
- Ability to plan and coordinate with the CEO, staff, Board, and committee members so as to acquire and enhance fund raising and funding sources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of development software.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- In accord with the Shorehaven mission, develop an overall resource development program in cooperation with the CEO and Board members and committees and execute the action plan, including all donor contacts and fund raising activities.
- Create appropriate record keeping systems for tracking donor identification, participation, and the cultivation of prospects.
- Train and supervise personnel in establishing and maintaining the record keeping system.
- Work in concert with the Director of Community Relations in presenting to the various publics the mission of Shorehaven and how these groups might participate in assisting in that mission.
- Write all content and materials needed for approved fund raising programs including proposals to donors and donor prospects, grant proposals, gift recognition and acknowledgment materials, appeal letters, annual reports, etc.
- Research data on potential individuals and corporate and foundation donors.
- Keep up-to-date on current fund raising programs, practices, and procedures being used in the not-for-profit sector and to inform the Board, volunteers and other leadership of items that would be of benefit and interest to them in their work on behalf of Shorehaven.
- Prepare detailed plans of action for all approved fund raising programs, including budgets to support their implementation.
- Work with the CEO and Development Committee in analyzing the fund raising programs and in planning for future activities.
- Work with staff and volunteers to ensure that all fund raising programs are consistent with the overall mission and with the philosophy of Shorehaven.
- Function as part of the Shorehaven administration in planning and implementing total organization goals and objectives.
Apply online at the Careers page of our website, www.shorehavenliving.org.
Shorehaven is an Equal Opportunity Employer.