Development AssociateCompany: Goodman Community Center
Date Posted: January 5, 2018
The Development Associate is a key member of the GCC development team, contributing to strong donor relationships and increased charitable giving through donor research, data analysis, and by supporting the strategic agency plan and annual fundraising goals and strategies.
- Wealth screen current and prospective donors and assist in evaluation of prospect readiness and capacity for making a major gift.
- Implement all prospect research requests, using Wealth Engine, google and other tools and databases.
- Support the development team in expanding and stewarding donor giving groups such as Give Every Month (GEM), Women of Impact Giving Circle (WOI), and Legacy Circle.
- Prepare materials for and assist with donor-related events and meetings.
- Help create and maintain systems for donor stewardship and engagement.
- Communicate with donors in person, by email, or over the phone regarding their gifts, preferences, and contact information, or to support the development team.
Donor data analysis
- Prepare donor lists for events, appeals, mailings, annual giving campaign, and capital campaign, including major donor and planned giving prospects.
- Manage email database (Constant Contact and/or Mail Chimp).
- Manage outstanding pledges and matching and recurring gifts.
- Provide data for and assist with development metrics for annual and special appeals and campaigns, including ongoing capital campaign.
- Track and prepare outcome reports for appeals and campaigns.
- Analyze donor data to support donor engagement and stewardship efforts and determine potential for increased engagement and gifts.
- Research trends in giving within GCC, locally, nationally and make recommendations to build capacity and reach.
- Provide reports for the development team, Executive Director, development committee, and board.
- Work closely with Assistant Finance Director (NetSuite Administrator) to support the Data Coordinator by providing donor updates, appeals information and gift recording policies/procedures updates as needed.
- Support the communications and annual giving efforts through donor segmentation and group/community research and prospecting.
Grant management and research
- Work with the Executive Director, Program Director and appropriate staff to write grants and manage the timely and professional submittal of applications
- Monitor and track grant applications.
- Update grants calendar and coordinate with program staff to timely submit applications and reports.
- Research prospective foundation and private grant opportunities and refer on to Executive Director or Director of Programs.
- Help develop and implement grant stewardship system.
- Support the Board Development Committee with reports, and KPI’s that support the annual work plans.
- Support the development team and Executive Director as needed.
- Supervise department intern(s) as needed.
- Provide back up support for donor gift entry as needed. Train and support volunteers as needed and communicate volunteer needs and feedback to the Volunteer Manager.
- Two years of related experience in fundraising or customer service with preference given to those with an understanding of nonprofit fund development.
- Experience with data management and analysis skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must have high level of interpersonal skills to be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills, especially with email, web browsing, and Microsoft products.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to initiate and complete tasks accurately and on-schedule.
- Ability to be flexible with work flow and tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with grant writing and grant reporting.
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a team.
Special Position Requirements
- Willingness to work occasional weekends, evenings and for events, special projects, and during peak periods as required.
- Able to embrace change in a work environment.
- Experience working with an ERP system.
- Experience with a non-profit capital campaign.
For more information about the Goodman Community Center visit www.goodmancenter.org. Interested applicants should submit a completed GCC employment application, resume and letter of interest by Janauary 12, 2018 to Lisa Jacob, HR Director.