Grant Program ManagerCompany: Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
Date Posted: January 10, 2018
Wanted: Passionate and Visionary PROGRAM MANAGER Looking to Improve Lives Through Education!
Would you like to help put the American Dream…and the goal of a better life…within reach for more people? If so, we want to hear from you.
We’re Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation, one of America’s largest and most respected education philanthropies. Since 2006 we’ve made grants totaling more than $260 million to help at-risk students get to and through college, and we’re just getting started!
As we continue to grow, we’re looking for an ambitious Program Manager to join our dynamic grantmaking team. In this key role, you’ll be responsible for planning and managing a portfolio of grants targeting students with the most to gain from a college degree, but the least support in getting there.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, knowledgeable and respected professional who shares our commitment to improving lives through education.
Great Lakes is seeking a candidate with:
- A thorough understanding of education grantmaking, grant funded programs, and the needs of students of color, low-income students, and first-generation college students.
- A track record of collaboration in achieving defined goals.
- Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in philanthropy, education, business, or a related field.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, coordination, and project management skills.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to perform analysis including recognizing patterns and drawing inferences.
- The ability to perform job functions with minimal direction/supervision.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines yet remain flexible in responding to changing requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills exemplified by initiative, courtesy, diplomacy, positive attitude, professionalism and appropriate business ethics.
We’re located in Madison, WI, but a successful candidate can work remotely from a home office anywhere in the U.S.
Great Lakes is a company that embraces growth, inside and out. Our employees are given experiences, tools, and support to develop personally while also growing their careers. Employees enjoy unique opportunities to change lives locally via our Great Lakes Gives program in which we support schools near each of our office locations by collecting supplies, snacks, books, and more to help meet the needs of students and staff. On a broader scale, we are also committed to investing in our communities via large-scale initiatives. Since 2006, we've committed over $200 million with one goal in mind: to get more students into and through college.
Just as we help student loan customers find solutions that work for their lives, we also equip our employees with tools, benefits, and information to enjoy quality of life through health, work-life balance, financial stability, and career growth. Check out our outstanding benefit package!
If you like to make a difference and want to have a lot of fun along the way, we encourage you to explore opportunities with Great Lakes at careers.mygreatlakes.org. Click here to hear firsthand experiences of what it’s like to work at Great Lakes.
Great Lakes has contractual obligations that require criminal, employment and education background investigations as a condition of employment. H-1B sponsorship (initiation or transfer) is not provided / available.
Great Lakes is an equal opportunity employer of veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you are a veteran or military member approaching the transition to the civilian workforce and would like assistance with the employment process at Great Lakes, please contact us at email@example.com. We invite all applicants to complete the Voluntary Affirmative Action questions when submitting application materials. The questions are found at the end of the online application process. To learn more about our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, please visit our website.