Madison Regional CoordinatorCompany: Make-A-Wish Wisconsin
Date Posted: January 10, 2018
JOB/POSITION TITLE: Madison Regional Coordinator
Reports to: Madison Regional Director
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Job Summary: This detail-oriented professional is responsible for a wide range of fundraising, office and database administration, volunteer coordination, event planning, marketing, public relations and community awareness functions for the Madison Regional Office. This position is also responsible for managing the regional office student internship program including promotion of the program and hiring and supervising interns.
Fundraising and Event Planning: Works with Regional Director in meeting fundraising goals by assisting in proactively developing, building and maintaining effective individual, foundation and corporate relationships, stewarding donors and ensuring donor retention/satisfaction. Promotes and oversees external fundraisers and Kids for Wish Kids program in the Madison region. Schedules wish family appearances for internal and external events. Supports all facets of internal/signature events by coordinating event logistics, securing event in-kind donations and services and assisting in solicitation of individual and corporate sponsorships.
Office and Database Administration: Maintains an efficient work environment for staff, interns and volunteers. Performs general office duties including answering phone calls/emails, mailings, meeting correspondence, data entry and gift processing functions, queries and reports. Administers record keeping, reporting and filing systems for events and donor correspondence.
Student Internship Program: Annually recruits, hires, trains and supervises a minimum of 2 student interns. Monitors and evaluates intern performance and completes any paperwork, as needed by interns, to meet college credit/coursework requirements.
Volunteer Oversight: Recruits and trains new regional volunteers and coordinates volunteers for events and office duties. Collaborates with the Chapter Volunteer Coordinator to monitor and evaluate volunteer performance, maintain effective communication with volunteers, update database and organize records for proper documentation/tracking.
Public Relations and Community Awareness: Represents Make-A-Wish Wisconsin at events and speaking engagements as appropriate. Supports communications plan for the region.
Works collaboratively as part of the Make-A-Wish® Wisconsin team, supports all aspects of the Madison Regional Office and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing/communications, public relations, business management or related field. Two or more years event planning and volunteer coordination experience in non-profit environment desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Practical experience in Raiser’s Edge or similar constituent management software preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Flexibility and adaptability; ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to interact with diverse groups of donors, volunteers, medical professionals and wish families. Passion for and dedication to the Make-A-Wish mission.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle. Ability to lift and transport loads of supplies and equipment up to 50 pounds. Availability to work evening and weekend hours as required.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com by Feb. 9, 2018.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.