Development & Communications DirectorCompany: Briarpatch Youth Services, Inc.
Date Posted: January 26, 2018
Briarpatch Youth Services has an exciting job opportunity for a skilled professional. The agency is a dynamic non-profit community organization that has served Dane County since 1971. Briarpatch provides a broad array of services to more than 3,000 runaway, homeless, at-risk, and court-involved youth annually.
Development & Communications Director
The Development & Communications Director is an executive staff position with primary responsibility for leading the organization’s communication and development activities with a focus on advancing the agency’s mission.
BA or MA degree in communications or marketing from an accredited college or university is preferred. The equivalent of three (3) years of full-time experience working in a communications, development, or marketing position with fundraising responsibilities may be substituted for a college degree.Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, good organizational skills, and the ability to work both as a member of a team and independently.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Oversees development activities including direct mail appeals, major gifts, donor engagement, donor stewardship, special events, and major fundraising campaigns.
2. Works with the Leadership Team to establish annual development goals.
3. Insures proper oversight and maintenance of the agency’s donor database.
4. Insures that all private donors receive an acknowledgment/thank you for their donation.
5. Oversees production and editing of correspondence with donors, annual reports, press releases, brochures, and other development and communications related materials.
6. Develops content for the agency’s website and social media with assistance from IT staff as needed.
7. Represents the agency at community events and activities related to development and communication responsibilities.
8. Is a member of the agency’s Leadership Team.
9. Performs other reasonable and related duties as assigned.
Hours vary with occasional evening and weekend work.
Reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and auto insurance required.
Starting pay is $50,000-$60,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Benefits include: health, dental, life, & disability insurance; paid holidays; SEP/403B plan; flex spending account; mileage reimbursement; and generous paid time off.
To apply, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter by February 16 to:
Briarpatch Youth Services
Attn: Casey Behrend
2720 Rimrock Road
Madison, WI 53713-3337
Or Email: email@example.com
No calls or recruiters please.
Briarpatch Youth Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.