Marketing SpecialistCompany: Catholic Charities Madison
Date Posted: February 9, 2018
Since 1946, Catholic Charities’ mission is to provide services that strengthen families and nurture children. With over 35 programs, our services help people who are homeless, the aging, people with developmental disabilities, people with drug and alcohol addiction, individuals, families and children in need of mental health counseling and food pantries. We serve 11 counties in south central Wisconsin. We assist all and employ all regardless of religion, race, sexual orientation, social or economic status. Catholic Charities is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As a member of the Development and Communications team, the Marketing Specialist engages, educates and motivates potential and existing donors, program participants and general public via websites, social media, traditional media, digital channels, electronic and print communication.
- Implement strategic marketing for Catholic Charities and related entities with goals of public awareness, donations, impact private pay for specific programs as well as overall agency needs.
- Work collaboratively within the Development and Communications Team to support fundraising and event goals.
- Work collaboratively within the agency to plan with program managers for program goals of communication and advertising, as well as engage staff to communicate stories and develop program promotional materials.
- Oversee marketing budgets, invoices, contract with vendors providing marketing and advertising services.
- Handle marketing channels including digital, print, TV, radio advertising; email and direct mail communications.
- Ensure the agency brand as determined through established brand guidelines.
- Experience with creating, updating and maintaining content for agency websites, social media and other forms of e-communication.
- Ability to promote agency services, fundraising and special events online.
- Work with program managers and vendors to create communication materials, advertising, plans, budgets, reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite as well as the ability to use and learn other software.
- Past experience collecting or producing video content a plus.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
Successful Candidate Must Possess:
Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong attention to detail. Strong interpersonal and team player skills with an ability to communicate at all levels of an organization both internally and externally. Independent, self-starter who doesn’t need a lot of direction and can meet deadlines. Strong attention to detail and stellar organization skills. High level of interpersonal skills and ethical standards of integrity and confidentiality. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
Physical and Other Demands
Duties are performed in a normal office environment and will be at computer for extended periods of time. Ability and willingness to travel to program service locations as needed.
Benefits: Catholic Charities is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits package including compensation, health, dental, 403(b), flex plan, vacation /sick time.
By February 23, 2018, please send resume / cover letter to: Jane McGowan, Director of Development & Communications firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit online application: https://catholiccharitiesofmadison.org/Jobs/tabid/296/Default.aspx